This is probably the best app we’ve seen come out for the iPhone! There are a tons of games, to-do’s and even flashlights… somewhat of a disappointment.
We just found it yesterday and purchased immediately. We have done a few simple runs and its seems to be pretty damn good. It utilizes the accelerometer within the iPhone.
If you running the iPhone and iTunes, here is the direct link to the store.
Dynolicious is the first automotive performance meter available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Dynolicious uses the hardware built-in to your iPhone to measure the performance characteristics of your vehicle. No external wires or equipment is necessary, simply slip the iPhone into a cradle or cupholder and go!
Some of the performance metrics Dynolicious can measure:
- 0-60 Acceleration
- 1/4 Mile Elapsed Time
- Lateral G’s
Unlike other accelerometer-based performance meters, Dynolicious uses the advanced data-handling and display capabilities of the iPhone to make the most of your performance testing. Dynolicious maintains a history of test runs, showing you averages and trends in your results. Dynolicious also allows you to enter modifications performed to your vehicle, and will instantly show before-and-after results to easily identify gains or losses.
- 0-60 MPH
- Other Speed Tests (0-10 MPH through 0-100 MPH in 10MPH increments)
- Quarter Mile Elapsed Time
- Quarter Mile Trap Speed
- Elapsed Time and Trap Speed for standard intervals (60′, 330′, 1/8 Mi, 1000′)
- Lateral G’s (current and peak)
- Braking G’s (current and peak)
- Wheel Horsepower
- Estimated Engine Horsepower
- Realtime Speedometer and Graphs
- Realtime graphical skidpad display
- View results for latest test run or any saved run
- View averages based on vehicle, date, or modification
- Compare results between vehicles, dates, or before-and-after modifications
- Rollout 0″ to 24″ (separate settings for 0-60 and Quarter Mile tests)
- Stores vehicle weight and drivetrain efficiency in your vehicle’s profile
- Calibration routine gets the maximum accuracy possible with the built-in accelerometers
- 0-60 MPH: +/- 0.08 sec*
- Quarter Mile: +/- 0.10 sec*, +/- 1.5 MPH*
*Results based on preliminary testing. A detailed accuracy analysis using professional timing equipment at a regulation dragstrip will be posted soon.