Black Bull Swiss Racing secured its first victory in the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo series at Spa-Francorchamps on 30 July 2010. From second on the grid Italian Tommaso Maino put in a strong drive, handing the 570 hp #46 Super Trofeo race car over to team-mate Mirko Venturi in third place. Venturi then charged after race leader Luigi Moccia in the #22 MIK Corse race car, reeling in what was a 13 second gap each lap.
With five minutes remaining, Venturi was 2.019 seconds behind the leader, reducing this to just 0.506 on the penultimate lap. As he navigated the complicated circuit for the final time he managed to pass Moccia for the lead, crossing the line 0.526 ahead of his rival.
Third to finish was Nicolas Navarro in the #63 Autovitesse Garage R. Affolter Suisse race car. The French driver’s team-mate Cedric Leimer had started seventh on the grid and climbed to fourth before handing over to Navarro who put the car on the podium. Touringauto pilot Eugenio Amos put in a strong drive to climb from eighth to finish fourth during the 40-minute race.
Pole-sitter Marc A. Hayek had a difficult start in the #24 Blancpain Reiter Engineering car, slipping back to sixth on the first lap. His team-mate Peter Kox charged around the circuit in the second stint, but despite setting the fastest race lap of 2:28.639 during the 13th lap, he was unable to catch Amos.
Automobili Lamborghini VIP drivers Roger Green and John Barker finished the race sixth in the #2 Super Trofeo race car, while Rob Kamphues was involved in an incident on the first lap in the #1 Automobili Lamborghini VIP car that put him and team-mate Allard Kalff into retirement.
Round 11 of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo will take place at 16:30 (CET) this afternoon.
Round 10 – provisional results
1. Venturi/Maino (#46), Black Bull Swiss Racing, 41:30.001
2. Babini/Moccia (#22), MIK Corse, + 0.526
3. Leimer C./Navarro (#63), Autovitesse Garage R. Affolter Suisse, + 21.099
4. Amos (#69), Touringauto, + 38.065
5. Hayek/Kox (#24), Blancpain Reiter Engineering, + 46.327
6. Green/Barker (#2), Automobili Lamborghini, + 1:45.470
7. Bellini (#3), Bonaldi Motorsport, + 1 lap
8. Šťovíček (#88), Charouz-Gravity Racing, + 1 lap
9. Pronk (#76), Blancpain Reiter Engineering, + 1 lap
10. Leimer H./Lucas (#19), Autovitesse Garage R. Affolter Suisse, + 1 lap
Kalff/Kamphues (#1), Automobili Lamborghini, +14 laps