Wow, that last two minutes took forever! We lost a nails in the end but look who tops the charts, Timo Scheider! He barely missed the 1:42 mark! 3 poles in a row.
It wasn’t an Audi sweep but damn close. Jamie green was just able to squeeze in second. Remember, Audi is playing with 20kg of ballast.
Gallery in a few!
- 14:18 – For the third time running, Timo Scheider claims pole position. Jamie Green is best-placed Mercedes-Benz driver in second from Tom Kristensen, Mattias Ekström, Paul di Resta, Bruno Spengler, Bernd Schneider and Markus Winkelhock,/li>
- 14:16 – Ekström improves from sixth to third, Scheider improves from fourth to first with 1.43.079, Green remains second.
- 14:13 – Two minutes to go, all drivers out for a final attempt at pole position
- 14:11 – Currently, the top four placed drivers are separated by only 0.08 seconds!
- 14:10 – In spectacular style, di Resta sets a fastest lap time of 1.43.487, but he is soon toppled by Scheider, Kristensen and Green, who takes first with 1.43.401
- 14:06 – The problem on di Resta’s car seems to be solved as he is the first driver out for the nine minutes
- 14:02 – Third and final heat starts at 14.06
- 14:02 – Ekström comes out fastest with 1.43.396 from Kristensen, di Resta, Green, Scheider, Winkelhock, Spengler and Schneider. As a result, all four 2008-spec Mercedes cars have made it into the final heat, plus 2008-Audis and one 2007-Audi
- 14:00 – The following drivers are out Prémat, Rockenfeller, Jarvis, Tomczyk, Schumacher and Engel. (did not expect to see Tomczyk out)
- 13:59 – End of the session, but still many drivers on the track. Kristensen remains on top from di Resta, Ekström, Green, Scheider, Winkelhock
- 13:57 – At the moment, Jarvis, Tomczyk, Rockenfeller, Prémat, Engel and Schumacher would be out of the third heat
- 13:56 – With 2.30 minutes remaining, Engel and Schumacher are still without a lap time
- 13:56 – An apparent problem for di Resta: his car is being pushed into the pit box
- 13:54 – Time improvements all the way: Kristensen is now in front with 1.43.409 from di Resta (1.43.481), Ekström (1.43.622) and Green (1.43.644)
- 13:53 – Tomczyk sets a fastest lapo time of 1.44.177, but he is toppled by Timo Scheider with 1.43.672
- 13:49 – Tomczyk is the first driver on the track in this session of ten minutes, after which the best eight drivers will go through into the third and final heat
- 13:46 – Next session starts at 13.49
- 13:43 – The following drivers have not made it into the second heat: Paffett, Albers, Lauda, Lauda, Legge and Stoddart
- 13:43 – End of session. Kristensen is fastest from Green, Scheider, Winkelhock, Prémat, Jarvis, Tomczyk, Ekström, Schneider and Rockenfeller
- 13:41 – Paffett off the track
- 13:41 – Paffett moves uyp from 16th to 15th
- 13:40 – At the moment, Albers, Paffett, Legge, Stoddart and Lauda would be out of the second heat
- 13:38 – With 3.30 minutes to go, it is still Kristensen in the lead from Green, Scheider, Winkelhock, Prémat, Jarvis, Tomczyk, Ekström, Schneider and Rockenfeller
- 13:38 – Ralf Schumacher improves from 15th to 13th place and provisionally pushes Albers out of the second heat
- 13:37 – Di Resta moves up into eleventh place with 1.44.331
- 13:36 – With six minutes left, Paul di Resta is the only driver who still has to set a lap time at the 5.245 kilometres long circuit
- 13:35 – Jamie Green is now the best-placed Mercedes-Benz driver in second place with a lap time of 1.43.758
- 13:35 – Markus Winkelhock, who was fastest here in pre-season testing at Mugello, is currenrly third with 1.43.891
- 13:33 – Tom Kristensen moves up into first place with 1.43.569
- 13:32 – Timo Scheider tops the time sheets with a lap time of 1.43.833
- 13:30 – Ralf Schumacher is the first driver out on the track in the first session of 14 minutes, after which the 14 fastest drivers will move up
- 11:39 – From 13.28 hrs – the qualifying at Mugello.
This weekend, DTM will contest its Italian round at Mugello.