Qualifying turned out great for Timo Scheider as he carried his times over from practice. MArtin Tomczyk also had a good result and hope fully he will have some luck during the race. . Oliver Jarvis was the surprise in 6th, toping Mattias Ekstrom, Tom Kristensen! Qualifying break down after the jump. Timo leads the points by 4 over Jamie Green then Ekstrom is 2 back with 4 races (includes tomoarrow) left.
Timo Scheider back on top at Brands Hatch
For the fourth time this season and for the sixth time in his career, Timo Scheider (Audi) will be on pole position for a DTM race. In qualifying for the eighth season round of the DTM at Brands Hatch, the German secured himself the best possible grid position with the Audi A4 DTM with a lap time of 42.084 seconds. Lining up alongside Scheider will be local hero Paul di Resta (Mercedes-Benz), who qualified second. With his AMG Mercedes C-Class, di Resta only came 0.090 seconds short of Scheider’s fastest lap time.
The second grid row will be occupied by Bruno Spengler (Mercedes-Benz) and Martin Tomczyk. Oliver Jarvis (Audi) was the best-placed driver with a year-old car in sixth place behind Jamie Green (Mercedes-Benz). Gary Paffett (Mercedes-Benz), who caused the first heat to be interrupted after only a few minutes by going off into the gravel trap at Druids, ended up eighth behind Mattias Ekström.
Qualifying in detail
Air temperature: 25.1 °C
Asphalt temperature: 26.3 °C
- 12:28 hrs Qualifying starts with the first session of 14 minutes.
- 12:30 hrs Gary Paffett off the track at Druids – red flag
- 12:34 hrs The remaining time will be added to the time from the second session and all cars will be admitted to take part in the second heat.
- 12:39 hrs Qualifying resumes with the second session, but no drivers out yet.
- 12:39 hrs Rockenfeller and Winkelhock are the first drivers to go out.
- 12:41 hrs Katherine Legge off into the gravel at Druids.
- 12:44 hrs With 15.45 minutes to go, Oliver Jarvis is the first driver out again after Legge’s accident.
- 12:46 hrs Prémat tops the time sheets with 42.911, but then goes off at Druids into the gravel trap.
- 12:46 hrs Jarvis on top: 42.771.
- 12:48 hrs Gary Paffett’s car is back on the track after a quick repair, he does one installation lap as Prémat’s car is being towed away.
- 12:49 hrs No more yellow flags, 10.20 minutes remaining. Bernd Schneider goes out onto the track.
- 12:51 hrs Green on top with his first proper lap time: 42.313.
- 12:51 hrs Jarvis is second from Prémat, Rockenfeller, Schneider, Albers and Winkelhock.
- 12:51 hrs Timo Scheider on top with 42.257, Albers is third with 42.720.
- 12:52 hrs Jamie Green is second with 42.413, Tomczyk is now third fastest with 42.523.
- 12:52 hrs Mattias Ekström claims third place with 42.492.
- 12:55 hrs Jamie Green is now fastest with 42.169.
- 12:56 hrs Markus Winkelhock steps up into seventh place.
- 12:56 hrs Green is leading from Scheider, di Resta, Ekström, Tomczyk, Spengler, Paffett, Schneider, Winkelhock and Kristensen.
- 12:57 hrs Susie Stoddart off the track at Graham Hill, continues.
- 12:59 hrs Ekström climbs up from fourth to second with 42.184.
- 12:59 hrs Jarvis is seventh as Spengler claims fourth with 42.414.
- 13:00 hrs End of the session. Green remains fastest from Ekström, Scheider, Spengler, di Resta, Tomczyk, Jarvis and Paffett
- 13:01 hrs Next session of nine minutes will start at 13.07 h.
- 13:07 hrs Start of the third and final heat featuring the eight fastest drivers from the previous session.
- 13:08 hrs No drivers on the track yet.
- 13:08 hrs Oliver Jarvis is the first driver to go out onto the track.
- 13:10 hrs Jarvis tops the time sheets with 44.164.
- 13:10 hrs Ekström is first with 42.797..
- 13:11 hrs Timo Scheider on top with 42.084.
- 13:12 hrs Scheider is followed by di Resta, Spengler, Tomczyk, Green, Ekström, Jarvis and Paffett as some drivers come in for a tyre change.
- 13:13 hrs Jarvis up into sixth. Ekström looked set for a new best time with fastest sector times in the first and second sector, but lost it all in the final sector and remains seventh.
- 13:14 hrs Di Resta improves his own time to 42.174, but remains second.
- 13:15 hrs Ekström back into the pits, he remains seventh.
- 13:16 hrs Chequered flag is out. Scheider remains fastest from di Resta, Spengler, Tomczyk, Green, Jarvis, Ekström and Paffett.