WC Vision and SCCA Pro Racing have announced that the SPEED World Challenge Championships will join the Indy Racing League at Watkins Glen International, July 3 – 5, for the Fifth Annual Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen. The addition gives both the SPEED Touring Car and SPEED GT classes 10 rounds apiece for 2009.
Complete schedule after the jump
Watkins Glen will serve as Round Five for the SPEED GT and SPEED Touring Car Championships, slotting into the schedule between Lime Rock Park and the Autobahn Country Club. It will be the series’ seventh trip to the renowned 3.4-mile road course near New York”s Finger Lakes. Last season, Randy Pobst took the GT win at The Glen, while Michael Galati collected the Touring Car victory.
2009 SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge Schedule
- March 18 – 20 | Sebring International Raceway (w/ALMS) | Sebring, Fla.
- April 17 – 19 | Grand Prix of Long Beach (w/ALMS & IRL)(GT Only) | Long Beach, Calif.
- May 15 – 17 | Mosport International Raceway | (TC Double & GT) | Bowmanville, Ont. (Canada)
- May 22 – 25 | Lime Rock Park (w/Grand-Am) | Lime Rock, Conn.
- July 3 – 5 | Watkins Glen International (w/IRL) | Watkins Glen, N.Y.
- July 24 – 26 | Autobahn Country Club (w/Atlantics) | Joliet, Ill.
- Aug. 7 – 9 | Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (w/ALMS & IRL) | Lexington, Ohio
- Aug. 14 – 16 | Road America (w/ALMS) | Elkhart Lake, Wis.
- Sept. 23 – 25 | Road Atlanta (w/ALMS) | Braselton, Ga.
- Oct. 9 – 11 | Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (w/ALMS) | Monterey, Calif.
Source: SCCA Pro Racing – SPEED World Challenge