We found some more info on the Porsche 911 Sport Classic that landed in the U.S.
On Sunday, the 22nd of August at approximately 3:00 in the morning, the first Porsche Sport Classic to be in America arrived at Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, TX. The anticipation to see such a magnificent machine and a true work of art, had built up all day long, and it was definitely worth the wait; and can simply be made an unforgettable memory, a once in a lifetime event. We were lucky enough to be with friends and members of Urban Speed to not only be up and close with the massive Boeing 747 cargo jet as it lifted its nose and unloaded, but to experience the long awaited moment of seeing the Porsche Sport Classic roll out from the plane onto the tarmac. A truly unique moment for such a unique and well crafted vehicle.
The bespoke character of the Porsche 911 Sport Classic has been developed over a period of three years by Porsche Exclusive, the company’s Specialist Department which creates the most outstanding personalized versions of Porsche cars.
Fans of the Porsche 911 will recognize immediately the charismatic styling cues incorporated in this exciting addition to the range, principally the ‘ducktail’ rear spoiler reminiscent of that made famous by the 1973 Carrera RS 2.7 and iconic ‘Fuchs-style’ design of the special custom-made alloy wheels. The Sport Classic is further distinguished by its more powerful engine, unique exterior with new front and rear styling, a new centre section in the roof, new side sills, and new design of front and rear lights which illustrate the high technical standard of this very special project.
Every car in this limited series comes in the exclusive new paintwork colour of Sport Classic Grey, with discreet dark trim strips accentuating the unique character of the car. The very sophisticated and elegant interior in Espresso Nature sets new standards, going beyond even the well-known customization of the Porsche 911 interior already offered by Porsche Exclusive.
The Porsche Sport Classic – A true work of art.
Porsche 911 Sport Classic Specifications
- Body: Two-plus-two coupé; monocoque, fully hot-galvanised lightweight steel body with aluminium doors; driver and front passenger airbags operating in two stages; side and head airbags for driver and front passenger.
- Aerodynamics: Cd = 0.32
- Power Unit: Water-cooled horizontally-opposed six-cylinder; engine block and cylinder heads made of aluminium; four overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, variable valve timing on intake side and valve lift switchover (VarioCam Plus); hydraulic valve play compensation; Direct Fuel Injection; two three-way catalytic converters on each row of cylinders, each with two oxygen sensors; 10.0 ltr (2.2 imp gals) engine oil; electronic ignition with solidstate distributor (six ignition coils).
- Bore: 102 mm (4.02″)
- Stroke: 77.5 mm (3.05″)
- Capacity: 3800 cc
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Engine output: 408 bhp (300 kW) at 7300 rpm
- Max torque: 420 Nm/310 lb-ft at 4200-5600 rpm
- Output per litre: 107.4 bhp (78.9 kW)
- Max engine speed: 7500 rpm
- Transmission: Engine and gearbox bolted to form one drive unit; six-speed manual gearbox.
- Chassis and Suspension
- Front: Spring strut axle in McPherson design optimized by Porsche with independent wheel suspension on track control arms, longitudinal arms and spring struts; conical stump springs with inner-mounted vibration dampers.
- Rear: Multi-arm axle with independent suspension on five arms; cylindrical coil springs with co-axial inner-mounted vibration dampers.
- PASM Porsche Active Suspension Management with electronically controlled vibration dampers and two manually selectable control maps; mechanical rear axle differential.
- Brakes: PCCB brakes with brake discs made of carbon-fibre-reinforced ceramics; twin-circuit brake system split front-to-rear.
- Front: Six-piston aluminium monobloc brake callipers; crossdrilled and inner-vented brake discs measuring 350 mm/13.78″ in diameter and 34 mm/1.34″ across.
- Rear: Four-piston aluminium monobloc brake callipers; crossdrilled and inner-vented brake discs measuring 350 mm/13.78″ in diameter and 28 mm/1.10″ across. PSM Porsche Stability Management; vacuum brake servo; Brake Assistant.
- Wheels and Tires
- Front 8.5 J x 19 on 235/35 ZR 19
- Rear 11 J x 19 on 305/30 ZR 19
- Unladen: 1425 kg (DIN)
- Max permissible: 1830 kg
- Length: 4440 mm (174.8″)
- Width: 1852 mm (72.9″)
- Height: 1290 mm (50.8″)
- Wheelbase: 2350 mm (92.5″)
- Track: front: 1492 mm (58.7″) / rear: 1550 mm (61.0″)
- Luggage capacity
- front 135 ltr (4.7 cu ft)
- rear 205 ltr (7.2 cu ft)
- Tank capacity: 64 ltr (14.1 imp gals)
- Top speed: 302 km/h (187 mph)
- 0-100 km/h: 4.6 sec
- 0-200 km/h: 14.8 sec
Below are a few pictures from this mornings arrival of the Porsche 911 Sport Classic. We will have more pictures and video soon of when it has been cleaned up and all four wheels are on the ground! Stay tuned!!