The two Team Biogas.se Volkswagen drivers Fredrik Ekblom and Patrik Olsson struggled in the first Scandiavian Touring Car Championship race weekend. The pair only managed to get two points.
“It was a long time since I had such a bad race weekend. This day was unfortunately a disappointment,” said Ekblom.
Olsson finished 10th in the first race with team mate Ekblom in 11th. The second race saw Ekblom scoring one point in 10th while Olsson retired due to an overheating engine.
“I might have hit a concrete edge, because the front splitter suddenly collapsed under the car. My engine temperature then suddenly rose and I had to park the car,” said Olsson.
Team manager Tommy Kristoffersson was disappointed after the races and hopes for a strong return at Knutstorp in less than two weeks.
“We did not have our stuff together this time and that just unacceptable at this level of racing. Our goal is to be back on to at Knutstorp,” said Kristoffersson.
Results of the Scandinavian Touring Car Cup, Jyllandsringen, Denmark, April 23.
1) Jason Watt, Denmark, Seat Leon, 230.07,231
2) Tommy Rustad, Norway, Volvo C30, 20.07,573
3) James Thompson, UK, C30, 20.08,260
4) Rickard Rydell, Sweden, the Chevrolet Cruze, 20.08,546
5) Roger Eriksson, Sweden, Seat Leon, 20.09,067
10) Patrik Olsson, Sweden, VW Scirocco, 20.15,119
11) Fredrik Ekblom, Sweden, VW Scirocco, 20.15,908
1) Johan Stureson, Sweden, BMW 320si, 19.15,794
2) Colin Turkington, Northern Ireland, BMW 320si, 19.18,296
3) Roger Eriksson, Sweden, Seat Leon, 19.22,392
4) Mattias Andersson, Sweden, Alfa Romeo 156, 19.24,768
5), Rickard Rydell, Sweden, the Chevrolet Cruze, 19.28,989
10) Fredrik Ekblom, Sweden, VW Scirocco, 19.36,946
Patrik Olsson, Sweden, VW Scirocco, broke